Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A belated Father's Day










A late father's day shout out! My dad is currently in Florida with my mom and brother at a baseball tournament, and I'm in Virginia. But he is definitely the best. He's a fantastic European travel partner, knowing all the cool places to see. He is every bit the fun-guy, or fungi (as us kids like to call him. Happy Father's Day, Padre! I love you!



I am doubly blessed to not only have a fantastic father, but also a GRANDPA! My grandpa is a Godly man and strong influence in my life. He and I are very close and I love talking to him on Skype! Yes, he's 81 and an avid skyper! Because of his advice, my vegetable garden is alive and well. Often I am accused of being too much of John Cooley...focused, creative, and a perfectionist. Not necessarily a bad thing I don't think.

My skunk Grandpa drew for my 3rd birthday and made a frame for it. It has hung in every place I have lived, including college. Now it's in our apartment.


Happy Father's Day (a few days late) to the great male influences in my life! Y'all mean so much to me and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment