Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A beachy birthday

Eric and I headed south to the beach for Labor Day weekend. We made reservations over a month ago at an adorable little cottage in Avon, NC, a beach on Hatteras Island in the Outer Banks. We were very much looking forward to spending three days relaxing on a the beach!

But...

Hurricane Irene had different plans. She managed to wash out the bridge to the southern island, leaving us no way to get there. On top of that, Irene killed the phone lines so we could not even contact our cottage.

Insert panic attack here.

In fabulous husband style, Eric scrambled on Wednesday (we were leaving Friday) and found us another hotel on a beach farther north on the island! So Friday morning we excitingly headed to the coast!

The view from our balcony

We had such a great time relaxing and soaking up some sun! It's always nice to get away!


Eric's birthday is the beginning of September, and almost always falls on Labor Day Weekend. It was wonderful to celebrate his birthday in a beautiful location. I gave him a new watch, since his nice one broke and he has been wearing an el cheapo for months!



This has been our first vacation, just the two of us, since our honeymoon almost a year ago! I love the beach, and I love Eric, so I could not have created a better combo! Even though it was short, our trip was wonderful! Standing by the ocean always paints such an AWESOME picture of how big God really is and how vast His love and mercy stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment