Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Daisy!

Yesterday was Daisy's 3rd birthday! And while I know it's silly...we celebrated. I have become "that pet mom" that bakes birthday cakes for her dog. It was actually really fun! I look for any excuse to use my stand mixer :)

Daisy is a fun dog. We got her right after we came back from Myrtle Beach when we got engaged. Eric and I pulled up to the Hildebrand's and out ran these two golden retrievers. Buddy (Eric's parent's dog) and this other little golden. Eric's mom exclaimed "Happy Engagement! This is Daisy!"

The Hildebrand's neighbors knew that their daughter, Kaitlin, had been looking for a golden (she got another puppy while back, no longer needing the golden) so when their daughter was moving into a new place that would not allow dogs, they called to see if she wanted Daisy. Since Kaitlin already had a dog, we jumped at the opportunity to own this little cutie. And that's how we got Daisy!
Our first time meeting Daisy

So now our girl is 3! I found this great recipe for a dog birthday cake (quit rolling your eyes, I know it's excessive) and the dogs LOVED IT! Each piece was gone in 5 seconds.
So here's the recipe:

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup soft butter
½ cup corn oil
1 jar baby food (I used apple)
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 8x5x3 inch loaf pan. Cream butter until smooth. Add corn oil, baby food, and eggs. Mix until smooth. Mix dry ingredients into mixture until batter is smooth. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Ice with plain yogurt. Refrigerator left over servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment