Friday, December 17, 2010

Hildebrand happenings

Seeing as how it has been since October that I have updated, there is quite a bit to discuss!

We got married! November 20, 2010 was the most beautiful, hectic, wonderful, stressful, exciting, overwhelming, amazing day! I married the love of my life and became the happiest woman in the world. Everything went perfectly. I even held off crying until after the ceremony! After 5 years, one month, and 20 days of being together, we are finally man and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Hildebrand. You can see some of our wedding photos here. Keep checking back for more as the photographer adds them!

After the wedding, we spent a week in Aruba! This is exactly what everyone should do at some point in their lives. It is the most beautiful island and the most relaxing atmosphere. It was hard to come back to "real life". While we were there we went ocean kayaking, snorkeling, ate at some wonderful restaurants, and did some MAJOR relaxing! I have TONS of pictures posted on facebook.

Three weeks after getting married, Eric graduated from Auburn. He now holds his Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering, Magna Cum Laude (Go ERIC!).

Finally, we are closing in on our move to Virginia! December 29th is the big move day. We have spent a few days in the area looking for a place to live. And did we find a place! This is our new, gorgeous, apartment! We have the entire upstairs of the building. Garage #2 is attached to our apartment.
I had been talking with the Emergency Room Director at a hospital in the area. She had called me and done a preliminary interview over the phone in November. While we were here I went in for an interview. After speaking with the ER director, she invited me back the next day to meet with the assistant director/nurse educator for the ER. Also, I would be interviewed by some of the nurses in the ER. All of these people were very nice and interesting to meet. I learned a lot about the department and what type of patients to expect. After the final interview with the nurses I was excused so they could discuss my fate as a nurse in their ER. It didn't take them long. Put best by the nurse educator: "They dig ya. Welcome to the department!" I HAVE A JOB!!!!

So in summary: we got married, we went to Aruba, Eric graduated, we have a place to live, I have a job! How's that for a whirlwind?

No comments:

Post a Comment