Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm a senior precepting student, therefore I am a bad blog updater

Since I am full-swing in my preceptorship, I am busy busy busy! But, I LOVE IT! I am learning so much and getting to see some pretty cool stuff. Due to HIPPA (patient privacy, blah blah blah) I can't say too much, but I can say some of it has been cool. And "it" may or may not include psychosis, drug overdose, chest pain, GI bleed, and babies...

Life outside of the hospital is fun too! Jen and I spent last weekend sewing. She had never sewn before, but she did a great job! I made a pair of pink shorts for my trip to DISNEY WORLD and a purple maxi dress, just for fun.

On Monday, we went to celebrate my birthday at Sips n Strokes. This is a place that does a painting project with you, step by step, so even a beyond novice painter like me can do it! This was Jen's gift to me, and it was REALLY FUN! Whitney went with us and we created some beautiful paintings! Here are mine and Jen's paintings.
On yet another topic, I am beginning to get some responses from some of the jobs I have applied for. And they are all "no". Everything says "After careful consideration, we regret to inform you...". When will you be happy to inform me of something? I really don't like the online applications, they are very impersonal and I don't even know if they get my application...until the rejection comes. This is very discouraging, but I know that God is going to bring the right job my way. One hospital recruiter told me that she would forward my resume on to some nurse managers. So that is still out there! So, if you know of a nursing job for an AWESOME graduate nurse, let me know ;)

In conclusion, I will be at Disney World in 4 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment